Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Mom’s Bok-Choy Oh, Boy

A couple years ago I was visiting my Mom and she served me this little dish that has become a staple at my home. Never saw this as a kid- but I wouldn't have eaten it anyway!
It proves that you can never stop evolving in the kitchen! Anyway, this is super simple.
bok choy oh boy ingredients
Ingredients:
Bok Choy (chopped)- lots because it REALLY cooks down
Shallots (slided thin)
Mushrooms (sliced thin)
Garlic (chopped finely)
Soy sauce
Crystalized Ginger

Saute the shallots over medium heat until lightly brown. Add the garlic and cook a little bit, then add the bok choy & mushrooms and saute until cooked through.almost there

As the boy choy starts to cook, add some soy sauce to the pan and a handful of the ginger.
My wife will tell you I prefer recipes that have repeatable formulas- but this really is one that is best to just add as you see fit.
It makes a wonderful side for almost any protein.

enjoy!

Bok Choy Oh, Boy!

The post Mom’s Bok-Choy Oh, Boy was originally seen on: www.sequoiasigns.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment